KSEBOA - KSEB Officers' Association

Jun 19th
Text size
  • Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home News Power Sector News Family of four electrocuted in Maharashtra's Nanded district

Family of four electrocuted in Maharashtra's Nanded district

Hits smaller text tool iconmedium text tool iconlarger text tool icon

MaharashtraA family of four has died of an electric shock in a slum of Maharashtra's Nanded district. The family, which was sleeping on an iron bed, was electrocuted when current mixed with rain water circulated in the entire house.

The houses in this area do not have electricity meters installed due to which most houses have made makeshift arrangements for ensuring a connection to their houses.

"My son-in-law, my daughter and my grandchildren, all died in this incident. When we went to get an electricity meter installed, the MSEB (Maharashtra State Electricity Board) officials demanded Rs. 3,000," said Zahed, a relative of the deceased family members.

Meanwhile, a neighbour of the deceased, Mohammed Ansari, said this was not the first time that someone had been electrocuted in the area.

"Around 25-30 houses draw connections from a single electricity meter, due to which such incidents happen. This is the second time such an incident has happened. Previously a woman had died due to a short-circuit," said Ansari.

Source- Business standard


Add comment

Security code

Random Videos

You need Flash player 6+ and JavaScript enabled to view this video.
Title: Power Quiz 2015 Final - Part-1

Latest Comments


Reference Book


Reference Book on Power

Electrical Engineering-- D' 1/4 Size Hard bound-- 1424 Pages-- Just Rs.1000/- only &n...

Visitors Counter

mod_vvisit_counterThis Month90065
mod_vvisit_counterLast Month143934

Online Visitors: 56
Time: 08 : 59 : 07